HotPot SoftPot ThinPot MagnetoPot Flex Sensor WhiteFlex
Use in Actuators:
- Actuators are found wherever position is automated.
- The membrane potentiometer technology offers a low form-factor for the feedback it provides.
- Recommended for use whenever absolute position is required.
Operating in high temperature environments calls for a more reliable heat resistant position sensor. Spectra Symbol’s HotPot potentiometer makes tracking movement in a volatile environment easier. It has a thin and sealed form factor that allows it to operate at temperatures ranging from -40°C to +85°C. This feature makes the HotPot an ideal heat resistant position sensor for industrial, military, and automotive applications. Design engineers choose the Spectra Symbol HotPot position sensor because of its robust design and high life cycle output.
Low Form-factor, Low Cost, Low Design Requirements
The Spectra Symbol SoftPot potentiometer is a linear soft membrane potentiometer used for tracking position and acquiring the preferred output in a variety of applications. It comes in lengths from 10mm to 2000mm and offers a low form factor of less than 0.5mm, making it the thinnest linear sensor available today.
The ThinPot potentiometer is currently a medical standard for multinational companies such as Varian Oncology, Siemens, and Baxter Healthcare, while also being used in many industrial applications.
Design and Construction
The MagnetoPot is made of polyester, fiberglass and kapton, depending on the specification required. It functions as a voltage divider, a resistor or rheostat, as desired by the end-user. By bringing the exterior magnet into a proximity necessary to connect with the internal magnetic attractors, the operator can obtain linear position sensing based on the location of the exterior magnet. As the exterior magnet moves, so does the electrical output of the MagnetoPot.
The MagnetoPot should not be mounted to a ferromagnetic surface.
WHITE FLEX CIRCUITRY
White Flex Circuit Technology by Spectra Symbol
…to decrease TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) by up to 50% from standard circuitry, assembly, and wiring.
Flexibly Circuitry = Increased ValueCONTACT US FOR CUSTOM ORDERS
- Replacement for a Circuit Board and Wires (quality assembly, lower costs).
- Reduce weight and space (form factor as low as 0.005″).
- Flex! It can bend where needed in design.
- White Flex cut costs in half from traditional Kapton Flex
- ROHS Compliant Assemblies
- Circuit Construction– Single Sided– Double Sided
- Size– Quadrilateral designs up to 48″ x 36″– Lengths extend up to 20″ x 20′ (greater lengths can be reviewed)– Thicknesses as thin as 0.005″
- Line Width and Spacing– Minimum line width is 0.020″ (0.5mm)– Minimum center-to-center trace spacing is 0.040″ (1mm)
- Temperature-60°C to +105°C (-76°F to +221°F)
- Power Capability– Depends on layout. Example: for a 0.040″ trace, 100mA max.
- Tooling Tolerances– Soft Tool– Outer dimensions ±0.015″ (special can make ±0.005″)– Radius corners 0.030″ min.– Hard Tool– Outer Dimensions ±0.003″– Radius corners 0″ min. (square)– Laser Cut– Outer dimensions ±0.005″– Radius corners 0″ min. (square)
- Surface Mount Technology (SMT)– Components as small as 0603– Placement accuracy as tight as ±0.005″
- Shielding– Printed silver in a solid or grid pattern
Integrated Solutions for Rigid Backer-supported Locations
- Linear Potentiometers (absolute position feedback sensors)– Can be imprinted directly on the circuit– Embedded resistors can be printed inline (0.001″ height)
- Switching– Can be integrated directly in the circuit– Can include tactile feedback for human interface
- Graphics/Overlays– Visual Graphics can be attached as a front-plate for human interface– Embossing and membrane switch capabilities unlock your product potential in a one-stop-shop.
RESISTIVE FLEX SENSORS
Sensing a bend in any product is easy with Spectra Symbol’s high quality Resistive Flex Sensor. Made with the finest materials, this product is essential in any manufacturing and robotics facility. Spectra Symbol flex sensors are available in the following active lengths: 2.18 inches and 3.75 inches.
As one of the most recognized flex sensor manufacturers, Spectra Symbol focuses on satisfying every client by providing outstanding quality and excellent services. We can customize the design of our resistive flex sensors to meet your specific needs. We can change the actual nominal resistance and produce sensors on different substrates to make them suitable for high temperature operations.
- High resistance to extreme temperatures
- Reliable and consistent
- Can be mounted on stationary and flexible surfaces
- Countless bend ratios and resistance possibilities
- Can be custom designed to match customer specifications
1. Robotics – Controlling joint movement or placement is easy with flex sensors. You can also use these products as bumper switches for efficient wall detection.
2. Bio-metrics – Manufacturers of athletic equipment use flex sensors to indicate placement or movement.
3. Virtual Reality Gaming Gloves – The sensors are important components used in manufacturing virtual reality gloves. The Nintendo Power Glove is a good example.
4. Other Applications – Flex sensors are common in different technological products, such as automotive and industrial controls, computer peripherals, joysticks, and measuring devices. These are also present in fitness products, musical instruments, and assistive technology systems of modern vehicles.